Friday, July 20, 2012

Suburbia.

In less than 12 days I will be leaving a life that I created in 2006.
Going back to suburbia. A place where things never really change much. 
It's comforting in a sense. It's crazy. Six years have come and gone. With each passing academic year, it seemed as though time was inching by every so slowly. Now as I sift through memories, old assignments, and photos, I realize how time really does fly. Chile......I can remember vividly sitting in the car and telling my mother goodbye my freshman year. The entire move I was full of excitement. But when it was time for her to leave, I lost it. TEAR FEST. Here I am, six years later, taking it all in. I've thrown much of my material memories (assignments, books, papers, binders) away. There are people that I hope to see in the coming week. Then there are those whose memories shall suffice. Now isn't the time to revel in past friendships and courtesies. I simply want to have a grand old time ;-) Last night was fun. Ate some sushi (a California roll with cream cheese!Yall know iont really mess with sushi sushi) and went to GasWerks. People watching. I was wildly amused. I have fully accepted my membership into the Unfriendly Black Hotties Association.
Going back to suburbia. A place where things never really change much
One of my best friends from high school is still there. She is in grad school and living at home with her papa! Although, college has separated us, over the past few years. Gabriella is still my boo thang. We don't talk often but when we do it's as though no time has passed. I love it. Can't wait to see Peter either!! He is another person where time stands still. He left the greatest voicemail in reference to a classmate being engaged. It was all types of rude and wonderful at the same d*mn time. Told Remes I was coming back too! She is excited. She's like the little sister I never wanted. I kid, I kid. ((She doesn't read my blog, so it's cool))
Since I'm still playing the waiting game with pharmacy school, this year at home would be interesting. It would be the first time since high school that I wouldn't have my own space. Needless to say, I'm relishing my time in my apartment. I'm excited to be up under my mommie again even though she informed me that she has a list of things around the house that she would like me to look into. Girl what? The first few days back, I plan on sleeping. I will also be able to play with my llittle kitten, Monnie! He is in fact not a kitten. He is in fact a full grown cat. Is this how it feels as a parent: never wanting to acknowledge that your child is an adult? I just equated my cat to a child and myself as I parent. I'm just gonna leave that there.
Going back to suburbia. A place where things never really change much
I'm really going to miss my job. It has been an experience working there. These last few days have been absolutely ridiculously busy((perhaps they know I'm leaving!) I wouldve worked there for two years come September!! Wowzers!  My co-workers. We are a dysfunctional group...but it works. I'm definitely going to miss them. Who else are they going to blame when the counting tray has been haphazardly placed on a back shelf? Who else are they going to question upon leaving if they left anything? Who else is going to accidentally leave their keys, phone, phone charger (these happened at different times) in the pharmacy?  Who else are they going to discuss the pros and cons of being a baseball wife with? As you can see I was definitely an asset to the team. Most of all, I'm going to miss my customers. Wish I could tell yall their names. Look at me respecting the HIPAA laws. I'm a Future Pharmacist of America. What did you expect? There are some characters that come to that pharmacy. There's nothing like getting cussed out on your first day? But it's those customers that I know by name and the customers that let me have a glimpse at their personal lives, that make that job great. It is also what makes me want to continue my education!!

I say all of that to say, I'm going to miss this place. Columbus. The Ohio State University. My friends. I am excited to return to suburbia. Perhaps this will coincide with me finding out what this year has in store ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment