Sunday, March 10, 2013

tidbits and tweets

-I'm learning that men are far more sensitive then they claim to be. I'm amazed. It would be great if our men were socialized to be emotionally open.
-Yesterday, I thanked my mother for raising to be independent and to have initiative. Pharmacy school has forced me to be in close proximity with people who are afraid to speak up. It baffles me.
-Just because I am friends with you, doesn't mean you don't annoy me and vice versa.
-I really don't like needy people. I don't need to be around people all the time. I like my time alone and I like to be all up in through when I want to be all up and through. Emphasis on when I want to
-I really do have a great group of friends. I hope to dance at all of their weddings/celebrations.
-I refuse to make excuses for anyone's ignorance.

 From @cleverbastard
"it should be the one who makes the unimportant days worthy of a million photos"

-The following are tweets from @theXDExperience
"I'm wrestling with this idea of "needing" a significant other.
 I'm wondering if sometimes we can be too independent.
Which is interesting because we all strive for validation....to feel like we matter to someone, or anything. I've been having revelatory moments about my life, especially my romantic life, as of late.
And I'm coming to terms with this idea of me not having the space for someone to come into my life.
 I totally understand that we should look within to find...whatever it is we need. However, there is something to be said about companionship
I never get these black men who have so much to say about blackness and end up dating or marrying outside of the race. Ok."

 From @warsan_shire
" did we all start writing because we were sad or angry or both or didn't know the difference between the two?"

From @crissles
" i've seen what happens to girls who are encouraged to be pretty and not smart. it's a tragic fucking sight when they grow up."

From
"Oh. You're sorry? That's cool. It's not my responsibility to forgive you. Accept that & we can all move on." <<this is my truth.

No comments:

Post a Comment