Monday, May 20, 2013

random update ;)

  • I have officially completed my first year of pharmacy school. I'm eating and sleeping like a person who doesn't have to study or go to class until late August. This colored girl may have not made Dean's List but she did get A's and B's!!  At this point in life there is no greater feeling. Its to the point where phone calls from friends have become interruptions to my laziness. Seriously. I sleep, eat, and then go back to sleep again. Sometimes I go to work. My laziness is at an all time high.
  • My 25th birthday came and went. It's hard to celebrate when you have exams to study for. But with that said, 25 feels great! Feeling so sure about myself and the decisions that I've made, hello twenty-five! I've spent much of my twenties getting to know myself (that's a never ending journey) and at 25 I'm feeling pretty good about that! I had a friend of mine tell me she wishes she was more sure of herself like me. That really touched me! She just turned 21. In true "I'm getting older" fashion I said something to the effect of "that is a confidence that comes with experience." I'm dropping wisdom at 25. LOL
  • To date, I've lost about 15 pounds. The fact that I was a cupcake away from 200 pounds. NO MA'AM. The weight loss/body transformation is far from over. But losing the weight was such a great experience because I finally stepped up and really stuck to my fitness goals. The good eating habits I developed kind of stalled because of finals (well life kind of stalls when finals week comes!) but starting tomorrow I'm back on this work out track. Beyonce is coming in July. Her She Me must look amazing!
  • I've been transitioning for about 9 months. I wanted to make it to the 12th month mark! But these two textures aint it. So I'm seriously considering cutting these relaxed ends off this month! We shall see. 
  • I was voted to be the next president of the chapter of a national pharmaceutical organization! Mama I made it. I'm sooooo excited about this.
  • I'm  going to be pharmacy intern at Target for a month (FOR FREE). Experience is priceless. Whoever said that, never saw my bank account lol. But I work for CVS now too. #balance My boss is a Beyonce fan. So there's that!
  • I'm legitimately heartbroken that Scandal is over until August/September. Shonda, girl, what is I'm gon do??!?!?!?

Life is good. No complaints. ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment