Thursday, August 2, 2012

Jesus.

When Jesus shows up...he shows out.
Have yall heard Oprah tell her Color Purple story? No? Yes? Well....she really wanted to be a part of The Color Purple (Sofia's husband's name was her name spelled backwards! That's a sign!) She auditioned and heard nothing. She went to a fat camp and just laid it at Jesus' feet. She then gets a call from Steven Spielberg telling her she got the part!! Oprah has told this story in detail on many an episode of her show. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rpwW42HVZws) It was an experience that I always resonated with especially as embarked on my journey to pharmacy school.For months on end, I have prayed that no matter what happened I would be content. I wasn't giving up. I just wanted to be content. My anxiety was palatable. Wednesday morning, I wrote a post about being at home. And I quote, "With each passing hour I’m hoping that this well oiled machine of monotony isn’t going to be my existence over the next few months. I am holding on tightly to the notion that pharmacy school is my fate during this month of August."  Dramatic much?!?!?! A few hours later, I got THE CALL. I screamed,  "OMG!" into the admissions officer's ear. In the moment that I prayed for a calm spirit, I found out pharmacy school is happening. I'm moving to Philadelphia. Needless to say, I'm EXCITED. Can't wait to meet my classmates and move into my new place. I don't think its hit me yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment