Monday, September 10, 2012

Hello Philadelphia.

It is so befitting that "I Was Here"  by the Creole Queen was playing as I started this post. Philadelphia I have arrived!! The drive across Pennsylvania wasn't bad besides the curving highways and tunnels. Philadelphia can keep that. I now appreciate flat highways without mountain tunnels. They have strangely placed street signs. I take a train and/or subway to campus everyday. What a city girl I've become ;-) I got lost on my first day! I missed my stop and ended up downtown near Drexel University! THE COMPLETE OPPOSITE DIRECTION OF WHERE I NEEDED TO BE! Thank God for the nice SEPTA worker and her directions. They got me to class with three minutes to spare. I, of course, was caught in a torrential downpour. It was a first day to remember! I like my classmates. Well, the ones I've met so far. Its hard to meet 158 individuals! But I did meet some more of them during our Welcome Back BBQ at this park. It was too hot and I refused to use the portapotty. Needless to say, I wasnt out there long. People have already claimed their seats. This girl told  me I was in her seat. O____O Girl. She ended up sitting in the empty seat next to me. It's to the point where, I have to get to class early to claim "my" seat. Like seriously? We are in professional school. *eye roll* I realize that I am not a big fan of all of this togetherness unless I initiate it. Yes. I realize how much sense it doesn't make. I went to the Rite Aid after class. My classmate asks "Oh wait you're not riding the subway home with me?" ....Uh no. I decided to study at the Student Facility Center during our 2 hour break. My classmate, "Oh wait you're not going to the library with me?" Nooooooo. I feel like I have a shadow. I don't like it all.  Don't get me wrong I enjoy their company! I like this period of adjustment and getting to know new people. However, I just need everyone to understand we don't have to do and be together all the time. I realize this is a personal problem. But like I say all the time, I can only be me :-)Tomorrow is our White Coat Ceremony. I'm soooo excited. Once I have that coat with my name stitched on it, I will be official. It's surreal. Although, I live in a completely different city and my first test is on Friday, it still hasn't quite hit me that I am in fact in pharmacy school. God is GREAT. YES HE IS!
I understand that if I compare this university with my previous one.....chile.....sad.....aint even the word. Ohio State spoiled me. I wore an OSU shirt to class today. Needless to say, everyone knows what my alma mater is!!! I'm enjoying my new life here! Hopefully I can explore the city this weekend! I have three more years of coursework/rotations but I'm taking this journey day by day


.....the rest is still unwritten.

No comments:

Post a Comment