Monday, November 26, 2012

Food for thought.

"I'm a good girl"
"What makes you think that?"
"Hmm....well I guess I should simply say, I'm a good person."
"...why?"
I began to list the myriad of reasons. I was told that I was really good at talking about and analyzing myself.
Like my girl Iyanla, I learned early on that one must own their truth and be comfortable in that space. I've spent time getting to know me over the last few years. I'm not saying that I have nothing else to learn about myself or nothing else to teach. I mean that at twenty four, I have a pretty good sense of self. I have learned to live within my truth. Some friends have said that I can be mean or heartless. These are things that I know about myself. Would I say that I was mean? No. I would say that at times I can be a bit forward and too blunt. I do believe that I can work on my delivery. That's growth if I ever did see it.
I say all of this to say,
It feels great to live within my truth. It's not always easy. But if I can't be truthful and honest with myself, how can I expect that from others?

No comments:

Post a Comment